THE INHERITANCE


"Cosas vederes Sancho, que non crederes…" *
  ( You will not believe Sancho, in what you´ll see). 

It is a magic box , and it must give gifts to her temporary owner, but ...
I was wrong again ... In spite I had obtained the data from the box.

This one passes from one generation to another to the next woman born into the family, if she accepts - or getting it voluntarily, through a donation.
And I accepted .

It is a magic box , and it must give gifts to her temporary owner, but ...
The problem is that it has no instructions for use. (like those that come in various languages, with the electric stoves, for example) ...

It is there still and silent. If you want an answer or solution you have to figure out how to get it ...
I opened, reviewed, and studied it , but nothing,  it is a simply  lacquered box.
It  has not even have a lock. It is closed just overlapping the cover .
A persistent , charming perfume surrounds it.

Perhaps it comes from the tangled golden drawings that cover it : branches of a tree with fruits and birds. Is it possible that they could have the answer?
Perhaps it comes from the tangled golden drawings that cover it 
I counted the number of birds, they appear to be eight, but I'm not sure, some branches and leaves can be something else. To count the leaves is almost impossible, so it is with the branches and fruits ...
And if the solution is not numbering? ...
... And if I had to calculate up to  ... the evening, for example ... and with this data get an algorithm to indicate a letter, symbol, something ...
I tried many things since I have the box. And every time I thought I had found an answer...but I was wrong.
I remember my aunt's smile, which I felt was wise, when she  asked me if I wanted the box and I accepted it.

Maybe her smile was one of relief, and  her wisdom ...  getting rid of it?                                            
                                                       Arelisa Beatriz Romero

And  at each time I thought I had found an answer...but I was wrong.
Note: *  
In ancient spanish, sentence assigned to " Don Quijote de la Mancha" novel by  Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra about 1605-1615(two volumes)..



Story published with the signature of Arelisa Suoboda  in July 1999, number 21 of Ciencias Milenarias - Editorial Ediser .  www.croattodesign.com.ar .
Protected by copyright. 


The images are protected by copyright and  they cannot be reproduced in whole or  in part without  the  permission of the authoress.