THE FAIRY

Today the fairy dawned on my elbow...
Today the fairy dawned on my elbow.
I couldn't believe it, but I checked.
When I lifted the shirt sleeve I saw the wounds of her sharp little teeth...

It is useless to attempt to reason ... but... why the elbow ...? it is going to bother me when I lean on the table...

I should have to seek for help, but who will believe me?...Also, how do I explain to Maria about the scratches on the elbow? Well, the elbow is not a very erotic place ... perhaps she won't realize ...

But if the fairy doesn’t go and continues biting me, I'll have to wear bandages...
Certainly Maria will want to take care of me. ...God, the fairy may  jump on her! ...
It's a revenge for applying Hadalminus in my head ... Of course, she was comfortable, warm ...
But I am almost hairless ... She pulls out one by one to knit ...
I thought she would be afraid of the lotion ...
I thought she had gone forever ... But no ... she is here ... in my right elbow...

I hate to  think what other place she may choose... It could be something awful ....
If she would listen to me....but she is very capricious, she wants her nest ...

Well ...I washed my head and I showed the fairy how I threw the Hadalminus down the toilet ... Maria thinks I'm crazy, but she doesn't know what is to live with a fairy ...

She already realized ...Ouch! She pulled off another hair! ... She must be knitting again ... I´ll see soon   another small cloth falling on my shoulder ...

Anyway, it is going to pass some time until I  become bald... Then  peace will come ... or the end ... who knows ... maybe at last she will listen, perhaps at last she will understand ...

                                                    Arelisa Beatriz Romero

El Hada Tejiendo. (The fairy weaving )
Story published with the signature of Arelisa Suoboda in December 1998, in  number 16th. of Ciencias Milenarias - Editorial EDISER – www.croattodesign.com.ar  . Protected by copyright.

The painting in tempera  EL Hada (The Fairy), was part of the original edition. It is protected by copyright. It cannot be reproduced  totally or partially  without the permission of the paintress. 
The painting  El hada tejiendo (The fairy weaving )was not part of the original text . It is protected by copyright. It cannot be reproduced totally or partially without the permission of the paintress.